Our 10-Point Plan
As Build One SA, we are determined that a combination of bold and practical solutions, including strategic policy changes, can result in a South Africa with rapid economic expansion, relevant quality education, safe communities and decreased inequality. Our 10-Point Plan seeks to achieve this:
- A National Venture Capital Fund to inject economic growth into our townships.
- A student performance grant for a C grade or better in critical subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Economics, accounting and Maths.)
- A school voucher program giving parents control over where their child is schooled as well as improved payment packages for teachers.
- Tax holidays for first-time employees who are graduates from TVETS and Universities.
- A voluntary national civilian service year combined with an expanded public works program.
- Basic income grant and an unconditional cash grant paid to young South Africans.
- Small regional and municipal police forces with a strong volunteer force and the authority to deputise private security providers with peace-officer status.
- Amendment of the Electoral Act to enable citizens to directly elect their public representatives at local, provincial and national level and to hold them accountable.
- Digital empowerment: Increase broadband, Wi-Fi and telecommunication access in all townships, rural and peri-urban towns.
- Sustainable energy: five ~4000 MW nuclear stations built over the next 10+ years.